New information about the tragic deaths of two children on July fourth at Lake of the Ozarks .
Police say improper wiring caused 13 year old Alexandra Anderson and her eight year old brother Brayden, of Ashland, to be electrocuted yesterday. The siblings were swimming near a private a dock when electricity somehow traveled into the water. Nearby adults heard the children's screams and ran to help. They were able to get them out of the water and immediately started CPR but the children were later pronounced dead at Lake Regional Hospital.
Officials say there was no ground fault interrupter to monitor the current and trip the electricity if there was a problem. They say the electricity could have come from several sources, including a boat lift or a pump used to power a water slide.